Taking a Closer Look at Wood
What you'll need:
* oak dowels from the hardware or home improvement
store, get the ones that are about 3/8 inch in diameter, and be sure
to get oak
Blowing soap bubbles is lots of fun, but it's a messy project. Be sure to have lots of napkins or paper towels handy to wipe up any spills or all those bubbles!
1. Have someone cut the oak dowels to about 3 inches long.
2. Pour about 1/2 cup soap into the paper cup.
3. Dip one end of the bazooka in the bubbles blow through the other end (if you blow through the wrong end, you'll wash your mouth out with soap!)
4. Try several bazookas and see if you can tell if you have red oak or white oak.