How a Tree Grows
We also talked about the following concepts:
* All trees grow in pretty much the same way.
* Tree crowns grow taller so the tree can get enough sunlight.
* Tree trunks grow wider to support the size of the tree.
* Tree roots grow longer so the tree can get enough water and nutrients.
* New growth on roots and twigs occurs at the ends.
* Cambium cells, located between the bark and the wood multiply to make new bark and wood.
Well, that sums up our How A Tree Grows lesson. Next we will be taking a look at wood in the first part of "Wood Parts and Anatomy".